Some peace while putting the pieces together

I am creating this at the new coffee shop in town. The owner and I just talked about a concept we're calling a "bright ripple". The bright ripple starts with one, builds to two, and keeps growing. It's positive action growing exponentially until it creates a tsunami of bright beauty and chases off the dark. Everyone get your boards and surf the ripple!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sacred Space


In the very back of my yard, beyond the half-finished storage shed and hammock, is my sacred space. A labyrinth. It is simple made from bricks a friend gave me. It makes me think of Ireland and my Celtic heritage. It makes me feel connected. It is sacred space.

In my recovery from Morgellons symptoms faith and quiet-mindedness were more important than any protocol. My path was and is spiritual (Morgellons just a challenging hurdle to help me grow...as I've said before).

Physiologically, quieting the mind reduces the symptoms. My symptoms could be triggered by thinking about them (especially when I mentally scanned my body for them). I think in scanning subtle changes in body temperature occurred as blood flowed to those areas. Mercury expands and contrast according to temperature and slight change could start symptoms (crawling sensations). Anyhow, this scanning-temperature change-mercury movement-symptom's relationship makes sense to me as I look back. What matters here isn't the why but knowing quieting the mind quiets the symptoms. That's all.

A sacred space could be as simple as a pillow in the corner of a room, a warm rock to sit on under a tree, or just a quiet sit in a comfortable chair. Remind yourself of the words in the poem Desiderata, "You are a child of this Universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should".

No comments:

Post a Comment