Some peace while putting the pieces together

I am creating this at the new coffee shop in town. The owner and I just talked about a concept we're calling a "bright ripple". The bright ripple starts with one, builds to two, and keeps growing. It's positive action growing exponentially until it creates a tsunami of bright beauty and chases off the dark. Everyone get your boards and surf the ripple!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Anger Hurts Us More Than Anyone

For myself, there was a great degree of anger when I first had the symptoms found in the Morgellons symptoms set. I was angry at my workplace (convinced I'd gotten parasites from the condemned school buildings or lack of cleaning), I was angry at the medical world...especially the medical practitioner I went to at first (who was annoyed that I kept coming back with new theories) and the dermatologist who laughed when he told me I had scabies (from his side of the room he said in his best twanglish, "There's a reason they call it the seven year itch" (Thanks, Mr. Professional!). So, I was angry at my surroundings, at the medical world (answers please!), and, honestly, at God (you know...I don't deserve this. Why me?...that kind of thing). Anyhow, my anger was minor to some of those who suffer.

Given what anyone with these symptoms goes through, I understand the anger. It is a very difficult, cruel, and frustrating condition! I do believe answers are coming...but it is difficult to have to continue to wait on the medical world (I know there are many good medical folk out there working on this...but the medical world, in general, still grasps thoughts of delusion and other falsehoods. It's time for a paradigm shift!).

One of the pieces of wisdom I've learned as a school teacher is anger is a form of defeat. I'd see some of the "old school" teachers on the reservation where I taught get angry, red faced and loud. Once you set that tone, the kids learn your buttons. From then on, they have the reins....and they are immune to your yelling. Teaching will happen...but (my opinion) it is minimally effective. These teachers tend to be the ones sitting at their desk and saying repeatedly, "Get to work". It's kinda sad.

Anger does seem to have an instantaneous gratification effect. Usually though, when I get good and angry without thinking it through...I find I regret it.

I like to use my anger in working out. I find I'm always in better shape and mind after a jog or long walk. Often I think things through and find a constructive means to express myself. It helps. Use your anger wisely and it may be a benefit.

Anger has a negative effect on our health. I know, as someone following the 12 Steps program, when I "make amends" it is much more for me than anyone else. "Forgive and you will be forgiven"...this I do believe. It may help to put your thoughts down on paper, talk to a friend, or whatever helps.

Focus on your health. If something/someone makes you angry, depressed or negative, it is best avoided. Part of getting over this condition is facing your demons high and low. And an attitude of gratitude doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment