Some peace while putting the pieces together

I am creating this at the new coffee shop in town. The owner and I just talked about a concept we're calling a "bright ripple". The bright ripple starts with one, builds to two, and keeps growing. It's positive action growing exponentially until it creates a tsunami of bright beauty and chases off the dark. Everyone get your boards and surf the ripple!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Educating Politicians

I've been back in my hometown for a couple of days. I've decided to see if I can rent a room for four months and substitute teach until summer (a many faceted decision). Wandering through downtown, I wondered if Matt Baker, State Representative in Pennsylvania, had received an email I'd sent some weeks ago.

I used http://www.congress.org/ to send off notes to congressional members, state representatives, and even President Obama; with a single click you can send off a note to all of them. My note related to the Morgellons Disease research by the CDC (asking to pressure for the release of their findings).

Anyhow, I went into Matt Baker's office and spoke with his secretary. She took down some notes and rushed down a hallway.

"Hey, Joe, come on back," it was Matt Baker himself. "What can I do for you?"

I stepped into his impressive office and sat at my side of the boat sized desk. "I wanted to see if you'd gotten my email related to the CDC and release of their Morgellons Disease study."

"That's federal. I'm state. I really couldn't do much about it." Then he explained, "I get from three hundred to five hundred emails each day."

So, we discussed it for a couple of minutes. He gave me his card and said, "Email it to this address." I shook his hand and thanked him for his time. When I got back to my friends home I emailed him and attached my account of recovery and my historic research connecting Morgellons to mercury (both of these were published in the peer reviewed medical journal Explore!). He emailed a response say, "Nice to have met with you."

Did my words go anywhere? Do my efforts have any effect? I may never know. I do know though it is important to try. I'm certain the number of citizens bringing up an issue may justify further action by a politician. Generally politicians aren't my kind of people, but Representative Baker was attentive and seemingly interested; it'd be great if he passed on these concerns to someone who can have effect.

We do need to educate politicians on Morgellons Disease. We need to make the situation crystal clear and keep pressuring those who have been chosen to represent us.

No comments:

Post a Comment