Some peace while putting the pieces together

I am creating this at the new coffee shop in town. The owner and I just talked about a concept we're calling a "bright ripple". The bright ripple starts with one, builds to two, and keeps growing. It's positive action growing exponentially until it creates a tsunami of bright beauty and chases off the dark. Everyone get your boards and surf the ripple!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sanctuary

The problems we encounter in life seem magnified when dealing with the symptom set called Morgellons. If life is simply a spiritual obstacle course, then it is important to understand The Creator would not give you a hurdle you cannot overcome. My last entry had to do with faith; simply said, have it. Along with faith I recommend another tool of importance—sanctuary.

My current setting and situation required me to establish some peaceful place I will call sanctuary. Sometimes it is not the easiest place to find. In hindsight, I am glad I took up the space in my backpack for my hammock as I packed for Tanzania some six months ago; this is one of my primary sanctuaries.

In interviewing for my current work position, I was told there was “plenty of hiking” and “The air quality is good”. Of course, as one cleans out their system of toxins, they do not want to replace with other toxins. So, I wanted assurance I would have clean air to breathe; instead I’ve been inhaling diesel fumes and smoke from burning trash. Hiking is a key piece of who I am. If I can go for an hour long hike each day, I find I feel much better than without. While I have found some dirt trails to hike along the river, I have been told it can be a very dangerous setting (not exactly what I had in mind for my hiking addiction). Add the stress of a several layered dysfunctional situation and you have severe stress. It hasn’t been pleasant.

Besides swinging in my hammock, I have relied heavily on my background of using the 12 Steps of A. A. utilized in the A. C. O. A. meetings I’d attended for many years. In fact, I had a coin given to me at one meeting with “To thine own self be true” on one side and The Serenity Prayer on the other. I carried this with me and repeated the prayer at least a dozen times each day until I lost it last month. I have replaced my lost coin with a pebble given to me by a new friend which she called a “Gratitude” reminder. Both have been helpful tools.

I mention my sanctuaries as examples; yours may be different. You know what they are.

So, in assisting to take on this hurdle in life, I list some suggestions which are likely repeated somewhere else in my writing.

1) Find sanctuary- You know what this looks like for you. Whatever this place or action is, as long as it doesn’t harm you or another, do it!
2) See symptoms as symptoms- I know how the symptoms feel. I know they are all consuming. I do believe they are primarily the result of toxins. See them as simply symptoms and nothing more.
3) Exercise- Whether it is a walk in the park or some simple yoga stretches, exercise has significant effect. I highly recommend at least one hour of walking each day. Quiet stretching exercise is good in assisting the body with removal of toxins, so yoga, tai chi, and such are great pursuits.
4) Jump the hurdle in front of you- Just like anything, if you don’t visualize it happening it won’t. See yourself healing.

As always, I wish you peace and good health. Happy trails, Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment