Some peace while putting the pieces together

I am creating this at the new coffee shop in town. The owner and I just talked about a concept we're calling a "bright ripple". The bright ripple starts with one, builds to two, and keeps growing. It's positive action growing exponentially until it creates a tsunami of bright beauty and chases off the dark. Everyone get your boards and surf the ripple!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Exercise Shift

My recent concerns of adrenal exhaustion are causing me to shift my exercise focus. I had plans to continue jogging and even motivate myself towards running some 5ks or such. I tend to overdo and push myself even when I feel beat. I need to change my thinking towards physical activity.

My understanding of the adrenal glands is they kick in as you kick in. Dr. Larry Wilson on educate-yourself.org cautions on the role of exercise in those suffering from burnout, "Vigorous exercise can be attractive to those in burnout. Exercise temporarily makes them feel better. While it may provide a boost, in the long run vigorous exercise further exhausts their bodies. People in burnout need to reduce exercise, often to a minimum in order to conserve their energy and allow the adrenals to rebuild. Exercise requires energy and adrenal reserves that people in burnout do not have".

Wilson's explanation of appropriate exercise is brief, "Gentle walking is beneficial. Vigorous exercise depletes the adrenals. Deep breathing and stretching, yoga or Tai chi do not deplete the body. Exercise to relax rather than build muscle".

I plan to expand on and rebuild my yoga routine. The importance of rebuilding the adrenals and opening to detox make it especially appropriate. As with so many pieces of the Morgellons puzzle, patience and routine have their rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment